Wed, Sep 23|
Agile People Fundamentals
If you are an agile coach, HR professional, or in a leadership role, you need to understand how people strategy and people operations need to change when working in a company that embraces the agile value structure. 3 Virtual Sessions - Sept 23- Oct 7, 2020
Time & Location
Sep 23, 2020, 3:00 PM EDT – Oct 07, 2020, 5:00 PM EDT
About the Event
Agile People Fundamentals training covers three perspectives:Individual perspective (YOU)
- Knowing yourself and why you do what you do
- Helping others find their perfect place in the organization taking their personality and situation into account
Team perspective (WE IN OUR TEAM)
- How to increase the pace from immature to mature high-performing teams, using skills for communication and conflict resolution
- How to grow and develop teams to be independent and empowered to make their own decisions, for example about their contribution to the organization's goals or their salaries
Organizational perspective (ALL OF US)
- How to balance an agile culture with an agile structure by providing enough support for emerging strategies where all people are involved in setting the direction (via OKRs or other kinds of relative targets)
- How to work to change behaviors – accomplishing an agile mindset and culture through removing limiting structures (budgets linked to fixed performance targets and rewards)
- Create a Learning organization where it's ok to make mistakes and learn from them (requires a platform of Psychological Safety)
The program is made up of 3 online workshops - beginning September 23rd and ending on October 7th.
Date Time Session
Sept 23, 2020 3pm- 5pm est Fundamentals 1
Sept 30, 2020 1pm-5pm est Fundamentals 2 &3 Oct 7, 2020 1pm-5pm est Fundamentals 4 & 5
Session F1: Introduction to Agile People and important principles/tools
The foundation of Agile People's' mindset is about the principles, values, methods, and tools that we need to start using to release competence and innovation – and what we stop doing. We discuss your challenges and certification assignment.
Session F2: Psychological safety as a foundation for a learning organization
The importance of an approach that is permeated by security and confidence to increase profitability and innovation – to increase creativity through a culture where it is ok to fail and try again. We play "The Psychological Safety Game" to facilitate dialogue about difficult topics
Session F3: Emerging strategies, structures, and goals
Emerging strategies instead of long-term planning, new ways of working with strategy, budgets, goals, performance processes, and rewards. Using value stream mapping to optimize flows in a system instead of working with resource optimization and sub-optimization of departments. Mindset Slider exercise. WoWs to be used: Beyond Budgeting, OKRs, Impact Mapping, VSM, etc.
Session F4: Building conditions for agile culture
Creating conditions for a fantastic culture where people can perform at their optimal level with a sense of being supported and secure. The gap between structures and culture/values. Structure – Culture Misfit Role Play. The importance of country culture for an Agile transformation.
Session F5: The learning Organization as Strategy and the future role of HR and managers
Boundary Spanning and the Buddy System to increase cross-border collaboration and increase the opportunity to create a fantastic organization together. Tips and examples for the change journey and how HR and managers need to change their role to support it.